Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Showing Us the Love

This little house of ours has really been showing us some love. Every carpet (so far) that we pull up, every layer of wall we take off has just been so fun! So far we keep finding what we consider treasures. Shiplap under the walls. Extremely old real wood floors in pretty good shape. No weird wiring or other hiccups... minus The Flood of course. I know I may be jinxing ourselves, but between me knocking on the wooden arm of the couch I am sitting on and my husband pounding and pulling up a floor in the Dining/Kitchen are I think we are safe. Oh yes, right now another floor is coming up.

But I am not here to talk about my kitchen floor. I am here to talk about our, what will be, new living room floor. We aren't finished yet, this remodel has about 587 phases to it, and that is just the great room remodel.

Here we go.

This is the carpet before. This is in what was the entry way. I don't have many before pictures, because we rarely plan when we will start our projects. They normally happen spontaneously when my husband has a shorter day at work or we are board.

See that brownish wall in the back? Through that doorway was a weird random bedroom thing? That didn't even have a light, but it did have an awesome old swing through door that we have saved for another project.


Under the carpet pad we found this weird brown vinyl, tile look alike made out of compressed board. This was a bugger to get up! It was nailed down EVERYWHERE causing it to only want to come up in tiny pieces. No fun. Atleast for my husband. He took up the floor, I kept the dogs and children off the tack strips and nails. It's all about teamwork;)


Aaaannndddd finally under the tile stuff we found.....


This beauty! We love it! It is old, it is worn and it has a history. It is not perfect, it needs some work, but it is an awesome blank canvas of sorts. We love this little house. I love the people who built it way back in 1910 and if I could I would give them a big hug and say thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment