Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Big, Big Announcement







Did you know that today is my birthday? And what else should a girl get for her birthday than her very own milk cow? Meet Penny. It might seem a bit odd, but I have dreamt of having my own milk cow since I was a little girl. I read and loved a lot of historical fiction books when I was young and think they influenced me a bit. But more than that, I think this lifestyle is in my blood. Not literally since no one else for many generations has been a farmer/rancher in my family, but I have it. And I have it bad. So on this post election day when many people are uncertain, I get to go outside and take pictures of my girl. I scratch her favorite spot and she sticks her big ol' nose in my face. Do you have any idea how good she smells? I am more content than I have ever been. And in all honesty this cow is going to give my family more security than any politician ever could. No matter what is going on outside of our farm we will have milk, butter and cheese. Not to mention the beef from her offspring. And let's not forget about the bacon! You may be thinking that I am crazy because cows don't make bacon, but you are wrong. Pigs thrive off of extra milk and whey. So if you are not sure how to proceed on this day after the election, consider going out and getting yourself a cow and making your community a better place. Or find yourself a husband who makes all your dreams come true. First, he got me geese and now a cow! And you know what? He loves her just as much as I do. Gosh, I love that man.


No comments:

Post a Comment