Monday, November 14, 2016

Ellie Mae






Have I told you all about this sweet girl? Her name is Ellie Mae. She just turned 13 and I have had her since she was 6 weeks old. As most of you probably know my most recent birthday gift was pretty awesome. But this girl was my birthday gift years ago. I also got a pony for Christmas one year, but that is another story. Animals are clearly my love language. I joke that I have had Ellie longer than I have had Timothy, but it's true! She is aging gracefully don't you think? Aside from loss of most of her hearing and a bit of gray on her face you hardly know that she is a grandma dog. She can't get around quite as fast as one of her nicknames ' The Black Bullet' would imply, but in her younger years there was nothing that could catch her. She has chased off black bears. Stood between me and a mountain lion on a wilderness trail. While backpacking she will wake us up in the middle of the night to show us elk and moose. She loves my children. And has finally accepted that Timothy is part of the family. I just might have more memories that include this dog than anyone else and we all look forward to many more!








No comments:

Post a Comment